An early 20th century postcard showing the north end of St. George Street and the City Gates. The small frame building on the left is now known as The Oldest Wooden Schoolhouse.
This building first appeared on tax rolls in 1716 and was owned by Juan Genoply. It is built of red cedar and bald cypress using wooden pins and iron spikes to hold it together. It is open to the public daily except Christmas Day.