Image

Cordova and Alcazar Hotels

Cordova and Alcazar Hotels postcard

Two of Flagler’s magnificent hotels appear in this postcard postmarked 1911. On the left is the Cordova Hotel with the Alcazar on the right. The Cordova was originally called the Casa Monica hotel until Henry Flagler bought it. Today it has been restored as a luxury hotel and once again is known as the Casa Monica. The Alcazar is now home to St. Augustine’s city government and the Lightner Museum. Some of the spaces have been restored to show their original purpose and can be seen as part of the museum.

Photo courtesy The Florida Memory Project.