Image

Villa Flora

Villa Flora

Located on St. George Street just a couple blocks south of the plaza, Villa Flora began life as a winter residence for a Baptist minister from Minneapolis. Later it would become a small hotel and then a restaurant. In 1940 the Sisters of St. Joseph purchased the property and it became home to Sister Patrick Theresa’s kindergarten where many local children began their education.

Postcard from the author’s personal collection.